Giving from Your 401k or IRA Retirement Plan
Leave family the balance of savings and checking accounts, and donate double-taxed assets like IRAs to us.
You've worked hard and planned for retirement. Now, with a little creativity, you can leverage your retirement assets to benefit you and your family, reduce federal taxes, and support La Salle University far into the future.
How It Works
- Name or designate La Salle University as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), or other qualified retirement plan.
- Pass the balance of your retirement assets to La Salle University by contacting your plan administrator.
- Important! Tell La Salle University about your gift. Your plan administrator is not obligated to notify us, so if you don't tell us, we may not know.
70 ½ or older? Make a “Tax-Free” Gift Through Your IRA
- Qualified Charitable Distribution (IRA Rollover)
Note: The SECURE Act increased the MRD (Minimum Required Distribution) age from 70½ to 73. The age for a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD), however, still remains at 70½.
- Continue to take regular lifetime withdrawals.
- Maintain flexibility to change beneficiaries if your family's needs change during your lifetime.
- Your heirs avoid the potential double taxation on the assets left in your retirement account.